Guy T

First Car 1.4 VVT-I T3

2 posts in this topic

I am very close to purchasing a 2003 1.4 VVT-I T3 Corolla with 66,000 miles for my first ever car at 17. My brother had the 2005 1.6 VVT-I  T3 and he experienced a lot of engine problems and i've heard a lot of bad engine failures with the VVT-I engines along with a lot of fantastic reviews. I would just like to get peoples opinions on the VVT-I engines and their personal experiences with their corolla and if they have had any issues. 

hey dude! 

Sorry I didn't see your last message back last month, I haven't been on for a while. I find the 1.4 VVT-I brilliant! Such a comfy car to drive, sound system is pretty decent and fuel consumption is good, as long as you don't race everywhere! For a 1.4, they do the job when you want it done. Stupidly, I've got 118Mph but at a push going down a slight decline but apart from that the Corolla was definitely a brilliant buy! Ive not heard of any issues on these but one thing i will say is don't push them too much. I was having a bad night and decided to rag the **** out of mine and I came to a stop in a safe place, then all of a sudden the power steering just failed on me with the light coming on the dash. turned the car off and on again and it was fine, so it could have been down to me being a **** or could be a possible fault with the power steering which is a bit doubtful.

besides that, i hope you did buy the corolla you found cause they're a brilliant first car! even though they suit more for the elder market, its still a good practical car. plus, insurance is better than some of the **** heaps i was planning on getting! If i were to pay for the insurance outright for my corolla, it would be £1745 with Aviva... cheaper than a corsa or fiesta!