Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BallstriKer

When is Toyota going to wake up???

31 posts in this topic

Comps still faster than a tsport. Fact. They didnt need to add a ic or anything, bolting it on was all it required to make the car faster and for not much more money on the base price.

The compression ratio isnt the problem with the compressors. Never has been. Not sure why you think it is. Toyota cocked up on most of their SC cars even with the 4agze.

Do not even consider a roots SC car to be even remotely comparable to a turbo. There compketely different and worlds apart when it comes from tuning. So ill ignore the 3sgte/1jz/4efte part.

10:1 is considered high compression. Most turbo motors before the new age stuff were 7-8:1

And over the next 5year i can put my money on most turbo cars being above 11.5:1 compression ratio. It just makes sense to be up there.

So youve not seen or followed all the demo gt86 cars that have been trashed up the strip and track constantly? The oil port for the turbo is blanked off on a FA20 and just requires the pump installing. If they didnt intend it to be boosted, why is it there?

Dave - TTE have been working on a SC kit for a while. They just havent released it yet which im dumb founded by, but it will come.

Toyota wont listen to 5% of their market. Theyd be stupid too.

Who said anything about the Comp being slower than the CTS? I used you own words saying it's s***e, at least be consistent. 

The 3SGTE/4EFTE/2JZGTE part was to say that they had the experience to make a proper FI engine. The Comp is not a proper factory FI engine no matter how you insist it is. It's still a supercharger bolted on an otherwise stock engine that was not designed for boost from the factory. End of. 

I've seen all the demos of FI GT86. So what? Did you even read what I said mate? I said yes it's boost friendly, doesn't mean it was conceived with boost in mind and it's not a blanked off oil port that's gonna make your point. You're clutching at straws again, the car's been engineered as a N/A engine for crying out loud, that's a simple and plain fact. If you don't understand what I just wrote then it's pointless to discuss this further. 

Anyways I'm tired of discussing with you mate. You're cherry picking a few points that've been addressed time and again in previous posts while conveniently ignoring the rest, only to repeat the same thing over and over.

Lol i give up.

The 2zz and FA always had boost in mind when they designed it. Your just too set in your ways to realise that and your posts are so long winded i cant be arsed to pount all the incorrect points in them.

Of course you'd say that when you did not come up with a single factual argument. I presented you with simple and plain facts that are there for everyone to see and all you did was play that broken record of yours over and over again. It's fine mate, go out, enjoy your day, have a beer and celebrate.

You didnt back anything up you just rattled on about other manufactures that have nothing to do with toyota.

The fact is, they had inteneded to run boost. The blanked off oil gear on the FA and the fact the 2zz has multiple mounting locations clearly shows the thought about this well before it went into production.

Why you think a manufacture wouldnt design a engine thats capable of a whole lot more down the line i dont know.

I'm not sure whether you've got reading comprehension problems or not mate. Anyways, I'm not going to continue discussing this with you as it's pointless. 

Toyota aren't focusing on performance cars because they feel that's not where the market is. They are concentrating on hybrid technology as they believe this is the way forward which I also believe it is. Sure I've also read they are stopping making diesels aswell as again they don't believe there is a future in them.

As pointed above the 90s was when everyone went performance crazy now it's all low tax and high mpg.

I do however think a warm hatch would be welcomed. Something along the lines of a small cc turbo 1.4/1.6 3 or 4 cylinder engine with combined hybrid technology and sensible mpg and tax.