Hypersport Ltd

Short Shifter Kit

76 posts in this topic

Hey Guys

I'm currently nearing the end of developing a short shifter kit for the Corolla, with a twist.

It's actually a specific adapter which fits to the gear linkage in the engine bay, reducing the travel between gears around 50%, rather than just shortening the stick.

Once development is complete these will retail at around £35 posted.

Is anybody interested? They will be fully compatible with other shifter kits or harder bushes.

I'd be interested, so these have been tested with a short shift kit already and it has not I'll affects on the gearbox? The gears must feel like a switch with both fitted!

There's still some adjustments to be made, and it will be tested before it's finalised, we just wanted to gain interest really.

It simply changes the pivot point on the gear linkage, the travel is the same at the gearbox end, but is stepped down at the gear lever end, giving you half the travel (about an inch between 1st and 2nd, for example).

Sounds excellent, do you have an idea on time lines or it is too early to say. I would have thought most with short shift kits already would be interested to be honest and a cheaper option still for those without one

A little expensive? Only £35!

That would get me 5 beers in town and a taxi home.

I think youre paying more for the research and development. 35 aint much when compared to a short shifter.

Combined with a shortshifter youll only have to look at the gearstick to change gears

Expensive for what it looks like in the picture I thought, but maybe that's just me.

I think youre paying more for the research and development. 35 aint much when compared to a short shifter.

Combined with a shortshifter youll only have to look at the gearstick to change gears

Yeah I'm sure they will still sell if they do a good job. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Will be interested if they work out. Also if postage to Ireland is possible.

Sounds good. Especially for those who don't have a SS kit already.

It's been 6 weeks or so since there was any update on these. Are you close to having a viable working product at all?

It's been 6 weeks or so since there was any update on these. Are you close to having a viable working product at all?

Hi Dave,

These things take time. During that time the prototype has been tested, adjustments made, and parts produced. 

The part is now available on our website:
http://hyper-sport.co.uk/store/Transmission/short-shifter-kits/toyota-short-shifter-hs0002

Use discount code "CCUKSS" to reduce the price to £35 plus postage.

Discount code doesn't work... (not for me anyway?)

Hi Craig

Try again, it should work.

Discount code doesn't work... (not for me anyway?)

Hi Craig

Try again, it should work.

Nope.. says invalid.

Sorry about this Craig, we've tested it again and it now works.

Regards

Nice one. Considering taking the plunge. How easy is it to fit?

And how much is the postage?

Hi Craig,

The part is a little awkward to fit, but once you've located the right place, it is around a 5 minute installation.
Fitting instructions are included, as well as replacement retaining clips.

The postage is £2.50 to mainland UK.