Cravo15

Thinking of swapping from one 2ZZ to another ;)

32 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Thinking of swapping my Celica 190 for a FL TS Rolla. My cell is too raw for me nowadays and it's too low and I wanna actually be able to get wherever I want to go without the fear if getting stuck on a speed bump or incline :lol:

Just thought I would introduce myself. Already know Harwood from Celica Club and it is his Rolla that has tempted me over here ;)

Here's my celica as it stands now

It's a 2002 VVTL-I 190 with 95K on the clock and the following spec

Storm Blue with Genuine Facelift front bumper and GT lip, JDM 2 Post Spoiler, Dynamic Skirts, Sports M Spats, 17" T-Sport Alloys with 215/45/R17 tyres, Climate control & facelift glass sunroof, 2 tone T-Sport leather seats, Custom Made Rear light clusters, 2ZZ-GE engine rebuild by Se7en October 2011 @ 72K miles, Se7en's Stage 2 Cams built with engine, Se7en's brass gear bushes @ 76k miles, ACT HDSS Clutch kit @ 76K miles, Meister R coilover suspension changed by Se7en @ 85K miles, 4x MTEC discs, 4x EBC red stuff pads, 4x rebuilt calipers, HEL front and rear brake lines, Dot5.1 brake fluid by Se7en @ 85K miles, Uprated Aluminium radiator fitted, 2K Motorsports shortshifter with weighted gear knob, Full Facelift Amber Dash Conversion, Amber Ignition Ring, Amber Gear Knob Ring, Amber Footwell Lighting, TRD Panel Filter, HID 6000K headlights with slim ballasts, Facelift sun visors, boot carpet, colour coded lock covers x3, Volvo front windscreen washer jets.

th_7_zps0e59cbe1.jpg

th_32C9314C-5D4B-414D-90B8-D69DA837C2FA_

th_c68fd1f70fdd48006be6610137ad1f4e_zps1

I do love it but I need a bit more practicality :lol:

Gonna have a look around for a Grey, Black or Red FL T Sport over the next few weeks :) if I could find one with the alcantra interior even better. Budget about £3500-4000 once I have sold my Alfa GT and the celi :)

Welcome mate, my dad has a 140 celica it's real nice driving position but I don't think you will be disappointed with a fl rolla nice interior and a few mods will make it hanle a little better :-)

Looks a very clean car, welcome to the club lol.

Day

Welcome mate, my dad has a 140 celica it's real nice driving position but I don't think you will be disappointed with a fl rolla nice interior and a few mods will make it hanle a little better :-)

I have had a preface t3 rolla a while back and really liked how it drove I am a modding kinda guy but I think I have had enough now :lol: want my weekends back :thumbs:

Welcome :)

You will miss those cams going back to a stock engine haha

Cheers mate. Nah I won't miss them haha. I've had 3 gen 7's now. A 140 a T sport and a 190 and the limited mileage I do is mainly 30 roads with stop start so it will be nice to go back to stage 1's :lol:

Welcome and a nice looking celica. Had a celica t sport before we got our corolla t sport. Nice car to drive.

Thanks buddy :) it is lovely to drive when you can get it on the twisties but I never get that chance unfortunately :(

hi and welcome , nearly got a celica but went for a t sport instead

j

welcome, from a fellow ex celica owner ;)

i've only got a povo spec 'rolla, and its a lot better than i expected- i imagine a T sport would be a brilliant motor to own. i don't think you'll be disappointed ;)

maybe we should start a celica-club retirement forum on here :lol:

welcome, from a fellow ex celica owner ;)

i've only got a povo spec 'rolla, and its a lot better than i expected- i imagine a T sport would be a brilliant motor to own. i don't think you'll be disappointed ;)

maybe we should start a celica-club retirement forum on here :lol:

Haha cheers Dan. Not quite sold her yet but I will be doing soon ;)

Welcome mate :)

Cheers mate. Looking forward to getting myself a nice FL CTS. Our lass isn't convinced as she's a coupe kind of girl but I will get her round to my way of thinking.

Just throwing this one in here :lol:

Compressor or TS? I have read the comp has a few niggles that can be an expensive fix but generally how do they compare

Stick with the celica rather than a comp

Day.

Stick with the celica rather than a compDay.

Comps not recommended then dude?

Aside from the ride height issue with my Celi it's also a refinement thing. The rolla seems a lot better put together to me. A nice place to sit inside as well.

For example the fog light recesses on the celi have no covers it's just a hole with a fog light sat behind it haha. Obviously that's not make or break but it's a small example of one being a more raw machine :lol:

I drive 6 miles a day to work and back through 30 zones with stop start traffic and with the stage 2 cams and the act clutch it can be a bit of a pain in the are. I don't want to demod as it would be a big job. I want a bit more comfort in my old age ;)

If I raise the coilies and put them on a softer setting it would work but also it would bottom out at any deep dip in the road (which has happened before)

Quite surprised people on here are telling me not to swap round haha.

The comp is a serious enthusiasts car lol. You've either got to have a big wallet or a good warranty. If you want the rareness. Buy a comp, if you want an every day car that's just as quick point to point. Buy a CTS. Aside from the shock/exhaust issues and the low mpg the comps aren't too bad. Best thing to do is speak to a couple of comp owners and make your own mind up lol

Day

Thanks Day, I could do with 30+ mpg which is about what I am getting now with the 7

I had a Faff last year for the power but as it was modded heavily it was only returning about 20mpg tops :lol:

87B34B0F-8F22-4F2D-A952-23703CE856C2-122

Loved it though :)