CraigCTS

CCUK May Photo Competition (closed)

45 posts in this topic

Hey guys - here are the rules for this month's photo competition...

Details

Entry is free to all members.

There is a theme however it is OPTIONAL (details below).

A maximum of TWO photos per member can be submitted this month.

Winners will be voted for by YOU, via a poll as before.

Your entries can be posted on this thread any time before the deadline of 11pm Monday 26th May.

The result will be announced on Saturday 31st May.

Optional Theme

Although the theme is optional, there is now a points system. You will get points depending on if you win, come 2nd, 3rd, etc, and you will get bonus points for following the theme and for other things. More details on how this works here!

This month's theme: "Filtered". Time to get creative with some funky camera filters and basic photo editing - there are so many ways to do it these days that you don't have to be a photography/photoshop nerd to make your photos looks pleasing on the eye! There is a large variety of free software and mobile phone apps available these days meaning that anyone can have a go.

Rules

1. There must be a Corolla or Corolla-specific item in your photo. If a photo is posted that I believe doesn’t fit this criteria I will discount it from the voting but will allow you time to change it.

2. Must be a new photo, taken by YOU, that has not been posted before - keeping the photo exclusive to CCUK is encouraged.

3. Photo editing is allowed.

4. Photos posted after the deadline will not be counted.

5. If you post a photo early and decide to change it you can do so as long as it is before the deadline.

6. If there is a tie on votes, three staff members will be chosen to vote between them (a judge will not be chosen if one of the photos is theirs).

Good luck!

I can participate now the winter wheels are off :-D

image.jpg

I can participate now the winter wheels are off :-D

Is that pic really small or is it just my phone?

Hi mate. Unfortunately all your pics come up really small for some reason?

Hi mate. Unfortunately all your pics come up really small for some reason?

That better?

10262039_10152077551022479_7371834085648

I guess this counts as a Corolla.
Taken on Sunday, at South Evolution 2.

Wanted to make it a bit "Initial D"

I'll only add a second pic, if this one is ok.

10154382_10152077544822479_6300181001524

Second pic.

no filters, but exposure and aperture changed on a 1000D. 

Can I post a pic I took frm the meet last week? Everyone there took photos so its prob already been seen before, does this breach rule no. 2?

If so, I take another pic sometime soon...

Can I post a pic I took frm the meet last week? Everyone there took photos so its prob already been seen before, does this breach rule no. 2?

If so, I take another pic sometime soon...

Yeah go on mate. If you edit it (as per theme) then it would be different to everyone else's photos from the meet ;)

Rolla'd would like to enter this photo please

Rolla'd 100% took this! If you check the metadata, you'll see it was shot in auto. I'm a 100% manual person and wouldn't be seen dead shooting in auto!!!! (Sorry Rolla'd!) Also, he doesn't have a photo hosting account, hence me uploading several photos for him in other threads. Happy to remove it though if there are any issues with it. 

The effect is 'Toy Camera' if anyone is interested.

DSC_2929_072_zps0d759d16.jpg

Rolla'd would like to enter this photo please

Rolla'd 100% took this! If you check the metadata, you'll see it was shot in auto. I'm a 100% manual person and wouldn't be seen dead shooting in auto!!!! (Sorry Rolla'd!) Also, he doesn't have a photo hosting account, hence me uploading several photos for him in other threads. Happy to remove it though if there are any issues with it.

The effect is 'Toy Camera' if anyone is interested.

DSC_2929_072_zps0d759d16.jpg

Thank you Mark! Yes I remember its not bad for my first time pic using a professional SLR (even though it was in Auto mode) :)

DSC_0014_3649_zpsa6a8d543.jpg

After the rain, slight black overlay top and bottom and a deep blue diagonally from top right to make the sky richer.

DSC_0018_3673_zps526b6af1.jpg

Dusk silhouette after fitting the wind deflectors.  Slight yellow filter to add a bit more colour to the sunset.

Struggling to find time again this month may be another close to the wire entry for me.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor