robotbod

Hottest Hatch

1,573 posts in this topic

Just thought i'd find out what we all think about the T Sport/Compressors are like compared to other "hot hatches"

Basically on the road i have pretty much destroyed Focus ST's (the 2.5t not the 170 as thats not very impressive), CTR's and 1 R32.

All very fun and safe :diablo:

However taken the comp on the track against a VXR (nurburgring) and a R26R i found both of them were faster...

Never meet another T Sport or Compressor on the road/track :(

They are a very good car, never owned or driven a comp but as far as a CTS goes they need a bit more fettling than most other cars to make them into a car that can make good progress cross country.

I have been lucky enough to drive a lot of hot hatches and the Corolla for me is a good blend of maturity but with a big slice of nautiness to boot. Indeed at first I was looking at a CTR but so many bad ones at high premiums put me off, the CTS very quickly became the obvious choice for me.

You need to come to our big wales meet next year, Chris and Colin are both exceptional drivers, they'll give you a challenge

these are a list of some of the cars lads i know have that iv been on drives with..

mini cooper s (new one turbo)

type r ep3

rx8

206 gti 180

citroen c2 vts

golf gti mk4

leon cupra r (stage 2 remap too much power not enough grip)

and their all to close to call on roads, even in a 1/4 iv beaten the type r, rx8, cooper s and the golf, not raced the others yet. cant wait for santa pod this year!!

You need to come to our big wales meet next year, Chris and Colin are both exceptional drivers, they'll give you a challenge

Where is this gonna be? lol

Yeah would be up 4 this, need a challenge :)

I'm guessing that i should really have posted this thread on the "general car chat" and not this 1. :clapping:

these are a list of some of the cars lads i know have that iv been on drives with..

mini cooper s (new one turbo)

type r ep3

rx8

206 gti 180

citroen c2 vts

golf gti mk4

leon cupra r (stage 2 remap too much power not enough grip)

and their all to close to call on roads, even in a 1/4 iv beaten the type r, rx8, cooper s and the golf, not raced the others yet. cant wait for santa pod this year!!

This reminds me that i've got a cooper s on my estate and it can't be standard, looks good and goes like sh*t off a shovel, in a straight line from about 30 we were exactly equal until the national speed limit...

I have found that as you say on the road it can be hit or miss and really all these cars are 2 fast to be driven to their full potential on the road ;)

I think the main thing with the Corolla is how cheap it is to buy 2nd hand along with insurance being a lot cheaper than its counterparts, I have said previously my insurance was a lot cheaper than it would have been for the CTR and I got a lot more car for the money compared as well.

We have just recently sold at our place a Focus ST2 with the mountune conversion now that was a fast car....it would give a stabbed rat a run for its money

This is a great topic to discuss IMO.

+1 to dangermooser, I would agree that the blend of maturity and naughtiness is there with the CTS. I would say this especially with the PFL CTS, because it looks like an ordinary car with nothing special other than the spoiler.

I have accidently booted the car past the police and because the car looked unsuspecting, they didn’t flinch :unknw:

I have gone from a red light doing 0-70 in dual carriage way with a mazda 6 mps next to me and it was neck and neck he couldn't shake me, that was with me having a passanger too, he was by himself and thats a 2.3 turbo i think.

I'm waiting for Ali to come along and tell you about the things he's raced, that guy is a living legend :lol:

Here's some of the stuff I've gone up against

• Mini Cooper S (S/C Model) - Kept up whilst off cam, I didn't half suprise him though!
  • Focus ST - Looked standard, he was obviously faster but he could not shake me
  • BMW 320d - Proper BMW attitude, left them for dead :lol:

The drivers of sirocco 2.0tfsi really do my head in. Most of them think there driving Lamborghini. They come to reality everytime they see the back of my car overtaking them tho. Saying that they ainy slow them tfsi engines.

so far the only thing thats propperly kicked my arse is my dad on his bike :(

hsd a play with a couple of glanza's and they got left which i would expect.

also with an evo 7 on the way back from sheff the other night and the rolla did suprisingly well tbh! he couldnt shake me off till we hit the motorway and he just dissapeared into the distance lol

and a 350z few focus st's and my mates cupra T

im waiting for someone in an ep3 to wanta lil play haha

reckon the t sport is really underestimated tbh. its alot quicker than id expected when i got it.

ive not had anything major, some young lad in a saxo (not vtr or vts) came right up behind, but he got disposed of and same with a fiesta but i'd like to see what would happen with a type R.

Ryan

We all tried to do that when we was young tho, racing wit the big boys.

Incidentally thats how i blew my first engine, in my little zetec s, i saw a e30 m3 and thought i'd have a go...

I was left at the side of the m25 and she (yes twas a woman driving) was flying away to her destination.

:clapping: Happy Days

lol racing with the big boys! :D:D yeah we've all done it, thinking we could actually keep up with cars that we had no chance of staying with, :D suppose we still do in our T sports,

Ryan